2021 NASPA FSKC - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Institute
Knowledge Community Virtual Events Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice Fraternity and Sorority
May 19 - May 20, 2021 Virtual Conference
The NASPA Fraternity and Sorority Knowledge Community invites you to our inaugural Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Institute, taking place on Wednesday, May 19 and Thursday, May 20, 2021.
This day-and-a-half virtual institute will provide attendees an opportunity to:
- identify knowledge and tools to increase inclusion within fraternity and sorority chapters and communities;
- understand how to connect with campus partners to address intersectionality; and
- explore how personal identity affects approach as a fraternity/sorority advisor.
Attendees will experience featured keynote speakers Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington and Amanda Florence Goodenough along with educational breakout sessions, guided group dialogue, panel discussions, and reflection that will result in participants creating a strategic plan for incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion in fraternity/sorority work.
Schedule at a Glance
Full schedule coming soon.
All times listed are EST.
Wednesday, May 19
- 12:00 pm - Kick-Off
- 12:15 pm - Foundation of the institute and affinity breakouts
- 1:00 pm - Keynote - Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington
- 2:00 pm - Breakouts with Guiding Questions
- 2:45 pm - Reflection
- 3:00 pm - Student Panel
- 4:15 pm - Wrap Up
- 6:30 pm - Optional Gathering with KC Showcase
Thursday, May 20
- 10:00 am - Coffee & Connections
- 11:00 am - Overview of the day
- 11:30 am - Educational Session Block
- 12:30 pm - Roundtable Conversations
- 1:30 pm - Break for Lunch
- 2:00 pm - Educational Session Block
- 3:00 pm - Breakouts with Guiding Questions
- 4:00 pm - Keynote - Amanda Florence Goodenough
- 5:00 pm - Roundtable Conversations - Action Planning Time
- 6:00 pm - Wrap-up Next Steps
Sponsors - FSKC DEI Institute
FSKC DEI Institute Sponsors
Special thank you to all of our sponsors.
If you are interested in sponsoring the NASPA Fraternity and Sorority Knowledge Community's inaugural Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Institute, please contact Emily Perlow, [email protected].