The NASPA Foundation, in partnership with NASPA, is excited to share a new scholarship opportunity designed to keep NASPA members connected to the field and the Association during the unprecedented impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Donor gifts have allowed for scholarships to directly support membership dues in full for our newly created Transitional Membership available to those who have been furloughed or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you do not qualify for the Transitional Membership, scholarships are also open for any NASPA member in need, including those without institutional support for professional development:
- Transitional Members - full funding
- Graduate Student Affiliates - full funding
- Professional Affiliates - 50% funding (member dues reduced from $75 to $38)
- Associate Affiliates - funding for difference between Associate Affiliate and Professional Affiliate rates (member dues reduced from $242 to $75)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order of expiration date. Applicants will be contacted within two weeks of their application submission. Scholarships are currently available until funding is expended, whichever comes first. The NASPA Foundation will evaluate the success of the scholarship program and extend through the spring, if possible.
- Scholarships are open for any NASPA member in need with preference given to individuals recently furloughed, partially furloughed, laid-off, recently graduated without employment, and/or without institutional support for professional development.
- Those with memberships that will expire within 90 days of submitting their application are eligible to apply.
- Complete an application, including responses to two short-answer questions.
For more information about NASPA Membership, please visit our membership homepage.
Giving the Gift of Membership
If you would like to donate to create additional membership scholarships, please contribute via our donation form. Paying it forward with the gift of membership enable NASPA members to remain connected and involved with the work of the association and student affairs.