The NASPA Foundation, in partnership with NASPA, is excited to offer a scholarship opportunity designed to keep NASPA members connected to the field and the Association during the unprecedented impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Donor gifts have allowed for scholarships to directly support membership.
Scholarships are open for any NASPA member or potential member employed at a higher education institution* in need of financial assistance, including those without institutional support for professional development.
*Transitional Members and Student Affiliate Members are not required to be employed at a higher education institution.
- Transitional Members - full funding - This membership type is reserved for those who have been furloughed or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You must apply separately to receive a Transitional Membership, then you may apply for the scholarship in order to receive full funding.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Student Affiliates - full funding - You must be a student who does not work at a higher education institution.
- Professional Affiliates - 50% funding (member dues reduced from $80 to $40) - You must be employed at a higher education institution.
- Associate Affiliates - funding for the difference between Associate Affiliate and Professional Affiliate rates (member dues reduced from $250 to $80) - You must be employed at a higher education institution.
Terms and Eligibility Requirements:
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order of expiration date.
- Applicants will be contacted within 7 business days of their application submission.
- Applicants who renew their membership after applying for scholarship will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship. If your application is approved, NASPA will provide an invoice to pay the remainder of your membership, if applicable.
- Scholarships are currently available until funding is expended, whichever comes first. The NASPA Foundation will extend the program as needed.
- Scholarships are open for anyone in the field (both current members* and non-members) in need, with preference given to individuals in financial hardship, recently graduated, and/or without institutional support for professional development. *Those with current memberships that will expire within 90 days of submitting their application are eligible to apply.
- You must be employed at a higher education institution to qualify for the Foundation Membership Scholarship, unless you are a Transitional Member or Student Affiliate Member. If you are unemployed, please consider the Transitional Membership available to those who have been furloughed or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Foundation Membership Scholarships are not awarded consecutively. If you received a scholarship in the past year, you may not apply for a scholarship again until the following year.
- Complete an application, including responses to two short-answer questions.
For more information about NASPA Membership, please visit our membership homepage.
For questions about the scholarship, please email [email protected]
Giving the Gift of Membership
If you would like to donate to create additional membership scholarships, please contribute via our donation form. Paying it forward with the gift of membership enable NASPA members to remain connected and involved with the work of the association and student affairs.