How Your Gift Makes a Difference
Hear first-hand how your donations are making an impact within the lives of those previously awarded Access scholarships to assist with membership dues and conference registration / hotel lodging:
Awarded Membership Scholarship: I am thankful to be a recipient of the NASPA Foundation Access Scholarship. Just like students, student affairs professionals have so much to juggle. Transitioning to a new role and relocating to a new state was life changing for me. Receiving the scholarship meant I did not have to worry about how I was going to stay connected to my colleagues and abreast of what's new within student affairs. For that, I say thank you.
-Joshua Quinn Tucker, J.D., Ph.D., Assistant Dean for Admissions and Enrollment Management, University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
Attended the NASPA Annual Conference: The scholarship has helped me further my professional career as it helped me attend NASPA’s National Conference this past March which allowed for me to network with other professionals in the association. The scholarship allowed me the opportunity to co-host APIKC Leadership Team’s New Member Orientation where I was able to gain experience hosing an event at a conference at the national level for the first time.
-Maria Hoang, Student Data Specialist, Whittier College
Awarded Membership Scholarship: As a recipient of the NASPA Foundation Scholarship, I want to express my deep appreciation and gratitude. Having experienced 2 layoffs since the COVID pandemic began, I am truly honored to all who have made it possible for me to receive this type of support. This scholarship will allow me to stay connected to the higher education community - gaining access to resources, events, and career possibilities. The existence of this scholarship further exemplifies the compassion of many hard-working student affairs professionals and delivers hope to others in knowing that opportunities await, in spite of circumstances. Again, thank you, for your tireless efforts in making access available to individuals like me.
-Anonymous, Mid-Level Professional
What do my gifts support?
- Scholarships – Access scholarships to assist with membership dues and conference registrations for members
- Grants – Channing Brigss research grants to promote new ideas and learning on campuses, Collaboration grants to support new programs from NASPA groups
- Awards – Hardee Dissertation of the Year highlighting innovate and relevant research in the field, Rhatigan fellows highlighting graduate professionals, NASPANow awardees honoring new professionals
Can I designate my gift to support a particular cause or mission?
Absolutely! You can select from a variety of restricted funds to support a cause that is close to your heart.
- Research: Excellence fund, Melvene Hardee fund, Research fund, Ruth Strang Research
- Undergraduate / Graduate Students: BACCHUS fund, James Rhatigan fund, NUFP fund
- Women in Higher Education: Zenobia Hikes Scholarship for Alice Manicur Symposium, WISA KC Special Interest fund, Ruth Strang Research fund
- Leadership in the field: George Kuh Award, Melvene Hardee fund, Robert Shaffer fund, Excellence fund, Social Justice fund
- Various Affinity Groups within NASPA: Special Interest funds
What amount should I give?
- Any amount you are comfortable giving! Every dollar helps support the mission of the Foundation and ensuring NASPA members are supported.
We are also asking for your help in spreading the word about #NASPADayOne. We've created a toolkit that you can use graphics and content to share with your networks. We appreciate all of your work and support as we get ready for this inaugural event!
View Full Toolkit