Complete Your Profile
According to the American Civil Liberties Union website, "Inculcating constitutional values — in particular, the value of free expression — should be nothing less than a core mission of any college or university." Free speech and the policies surrounding it, especially on college campuses, have been debated at length.
As we find ourselves in January 2020, a presidential election year sure to be filled with civil discourse, we must continue to educate ourselves around free speech and how campuses, our own included, approach these issues. Panelists from Cornell College, East Carolina University, and Florida A&M University will share their knowledge and experience around free speech at their institutions.
By attending this sesson, partcipants will:
- understand some of the differences between private and public school approaches to free speechl;
- analyze their own campus approach/policies around free speech, using approaches from the panelists; and
- be able to identify best practices to implement on their own campus.
Knowledge Community Pricing
To ensure that you receive the appropriate pricing for the course, you must be a member of NASPA, and also a member of the sponsoring Knowledge Community. You will see the correct price in your cart once you complete the registration process and before you check out.
If the price does not come up as free for you, please take the following steps:
- DO NOT complete your registration. We will not issue refunds once you have completed the purchase of the course.
- Login to naspa.org by clicking the blue "Login" button in the center of the page.
- Scroll until you see the grey sidebar on the right hand side of the screen and the link to "View My Personal Snapshot."
- Confirm that your membership is still active (there will be a link to join or renew if it is not).
- Click on "Edit My Profile" and scroll down the page until you get to "NASPA Engagement Details."
- You will see the KCs that you are currently a member of; if your membership to the sponsoring KC is not listed, please add it.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Accessing the Presentation
Once you complete your registration, you will be able to access the session under "My Online Events" in the NASPA Engagement Portal.
Live session access information will be listed under Contents - Live Session Access Information before the session has aired.
All sessions are recorded. Once the session is over, the recording will be available approximately one week after the air date. You may view the materials as many times as you'd like, at whatever pace you would like.
If you have any difficulty accessing the materials, please contact NASPA Online Professional Development (email@example.com).