Complete Your Profile
This award is available to those at the undergraduate, graduate and new professional levels. Nominees for this award will have illustrated commitment to civic learning and democratic engagement during the academic year in which the award is presented. Commitment in the form of programming, research, service and mentorship will be supported through this award. The following materials are required to nominate a Rising Star: one-page nomination letter, a minimum of two supporting letters and a resume provided by the Rising Star nominee.
- Participated in activities that are designed to develop civic knowledge, skills and values.
- Identified and acted on community or campus issue(s).
- Action was taken that had a direct impact on the quality of life in the community.
- Developed a plan for continued work on identified problems or issues.
- Collected data or conducted research on student perceptions and needs regarding increased democratic engagement.
- Planned and implemented an activity or program geared toward civic education.
- Created policy change or other positive change for the campus or community.