This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated leadership and commitment to NASPA, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), minority serving institutions, and/or the profession. Student affairs professionals in all positions are eligible for this award.
- Demonstrates active involvement with the profession, NASPA, NASAP, and/or HBCUs or minority-serving institution best practices contributing to student success
- Exhibits care in creating a campus environment that promotes student learning and personal development
- Demonstrates commitment to the development of innovative student engagement opportunities that increases student involvement and contributes to students’ holistic development
- Exemplifies the values of advancing diversity, inclusion, and social justice through programming that engages students in experiential learning opportunities with the campus and local community
- Minimum of 5 years experience in student affairs, with at least 3 years working at a HBCU or minority-serving institution at some point during career
- Must be a current member of NASPA Region III
Winners will be notified in February/March and the presentation of the awards will be in June 2021.
Each nomination should include a letter of nomination, at least three letters of support, and the nominee's resume and contact information.
Questions? Dr. Nicholas Hudson and Dr. Stephen Howard, Co-Chairs, Region III Awards and Nominationsat email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org