This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated leadership and commitment to NASPA, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), minority serving institutions, and/or the profession. Student affairs professionals in all positions are eligible for this award.
- Demonstrates active involvement with the profession, NASPA, NASAP, and/or HBCUs or minority-serving institution best practices contributing to student success
- Exhibits care in creating a campus environment that promotes student learning and personal development
- Demonstrates commitment to the development of innovative student engagement opportunities that increases student involvement and contributes to students’ holistic development
- Exemplifies the values of advancing diversity, inclusion, and social justice through programming that engages students in experiential learning opportunities with the campus and local community
- Minimum of 5 years experience in student affairs, with at least 3 years working at a HBCU or minority-serving institution at some point during career
- Must be a current member of NASPA Region III
Each nomination should include a letter of nomination, at least one (1) but no more than three (3) letters of support, and the nominee's resume and contact information.
Winners will be notified in March and the presentation of the awards will be in June 2023.
Contact Tomiko Jenkins ([email protected]) and Sarah Urbanski ([email protected]), Region III Awards Co-Chairs.