The recipient of this award will be the Region III nominee for the Bobby E. Leach Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion award at the national conference
- Demonstrated a deep commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion throughout their administrative or academic tenure
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Must be a current member of NASPA Region III
- Strong and sustained record of professional and/or civic involvement in activities that promote diversity and inclusion in education and/or the community
- Actively engaged in advocating for, and advancing, diversity and inclusion in the profession through one’s administrative and/or academic work
- Reputation for taking a stand on critical issues related to diversity, and inclusion even at risk to one’s reputation and vocation
- An individual whose work has “broken barriers” and in so doing has served as a role model, and helped to facilitate employment and educational access
Each nomination should include a letter of nomination, at least one (1) but no more than three (3) letters of support, and the nominee's resume and contact information.
Winners will be notified in March and the presentation of the awards will be in June 2023.
Contact Tomiko Jenkins ([email protected]) and Sarah Urbanski ([email protected]), Region III Awards Co-Chairs.