NASPA membership is not required for this nominee.
This state award recognizes achievement, involvement and potential for leadership in our emerging Student Affairs professionals. Nominees for this award must be students pursuing a masters or doctoral degree related to student affairs with the intent of pursuing a career in the field. Nominees may not be current full-time employees of an institution. Preference will be given to students who also have a graduate assistantship or internship experience in a student affairs department.
The regional winner of this category will also be forwarded to the NASPA national office for consideration for recognition at the national level. The regional recipient of this award will receive a scholarship in the amount of their registration cost for the NASPA Region I Conference.
- Has made a significant contribution to the home campus
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Exceeded the expectations of their respective leadership positions
- Assumed a leadership role at their institution and/or at the state or regional levels
- Demonstrated an interest in the field of student affairs