The Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community provides avenues for both social and professional involvement. We allow for personal and professional growth, increased awareness and acceptance of professionals and students, and promote understanding of professional and student needs.
Our community recognizes individuals, programs, and research that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of sexual and gender minorities inclusivity and education at the highest and broadest level. The awards aid to exhibit excellence and/or innovations that have added to the profession of Student Affairs and Higher Education and enhance the lives of their communities.
The Gender and Sexuality KC is seeking nominations for 2023 in all award categories. Individuals selected for their award will be notified by early 2023.
The purpose of the Research Award(s):
To recognize up to two (2) outstanding graduate student(s) research (master or doctoral) that contributes to the knowledge of Gender & Sexuality topics in Student Affairs and Higher Educatio, support the creation of new knowledge through Gender & Sexuality research, and support the distribution of new knowledge to NASPA members and the Higher Education community.
Recipients of the research award will:
- Be recognized at the GSKC Open Business meeting after the NASPA National Conference
- Receive a $200 research grant
- Have their work considered for distribution through the NASPA Gender and Sexuality KC
- Have the opportunity for further professional development through mentoring from NASPA Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community members who are gender and sexuality scholars or scholar-practitioners
- Applicants must be NASPA members
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program
- Must align with the any specific identity foci of the award, if applicable. The backgrounds and identities of the research award recipients are only considers in regard to the impact/contribution (if any) to their research field, methods, or agenda
- Attach a 2-page single-space max document summarizing the purpose of the research, the methodology and methods, and the significance to the field/gender and sexuality scholarship.
- Attach a budget of the research and where the $200 will be allocated toward
- Short description of the research project in 150 words or less (for use in publications)
Apply now by clicking on "Learn More" button below!