Message from the Co-Chairs
Welcome to the Orientation, Transition and Retention Knowledge Community (OTRKC)! Through this community, we strive to create a collaborative environment for student affairs professionals to share resources, network and discuss ideas centered on new and emerging trends in orientation, transition and retention in higher education.
As a community of professionals vested in the Orientation, Transition, and Retention (OTR) functional area, the Knowledge Community will provide opportunities for NASPA members to network, share knowledge and research, and discuss new and emerging trends for the enhancement of OTR.
Vision: The Orientation, Transition, and Retention Knowledge Community (OTR KC) strives to be recognized as the national resource for NASPA members to understand our collective roles and responsibilities in supporting students as they transition into, through, and out of college.
The OTR KC values:
- Education and Knowledge
- Inclusion and Community
- Collaboration and Support
Definition of Terms:
- Orientation: is a collection of events, programs, experiences, and services designed to support new students as they acclimate to higher education.
- Transition: is any event or non-event that results in change throughout a student’s collegiate journey beginning with pre-college preparation in high school through degree completion, and pursuit of advanced degrees.
- Retention: is the collective effort of both the student and institution to ensure continued persistence to graduation/degree completion.
Complete Your Profile
Login and update your profile.
Professional Learning Series
One of the best resources available to you is the wide range of professional development opportunities. This list contains both our “Hosted Events,” workshops and webinars that we plan and manage, and some “Related Events,” hosted by the NASPA Central Office or other NASPA Constituent Groups. To see a full listing of NASPA events, please see the Events page.
We invite our members to join us for the upcoming Regional Roundtables. Hosted by our OTR KC Regional Representatives and Global Initiatives Coordinator, these roundtables allow you to discuss OTR initiatives on your campus, share best practices, and network with fellow colleagues. Please join us for a discussion in your region. The dates for each of the scheduled events are listed below. Registration is through the link below.
- Monday, February 22 @ 1-2pm ET
- Monday, February 22 @ 4-5pm ET
Region IV-E & Region IV-W (Joint Roundtable)
- Friday, February 19 @ 11am-12pm CT
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/BYB1uSWQhEu5KYmi9
Save the Date