This award is presented to a student pursuing a masters or doctoral degree related to student affairs at a college or university within each state of Region IV-East. The awards committee may choose to present this award to both a masters and doctoral student. Each state/province within Region IV-East will have a recipient for the Graduate Student Rising Star award.
Winners will be notified in October and the presentation of the awards will be in a virtual format in October/November.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Graduate Student Rising Star.
- Demonstrated excellence in the classroom
- Intent of pursuing a career in student affairs
- Leadership and innovation in their assistantship/internship/cooperative experience
- Preference is given to candidates whose assistantship/internship/cooperative experience is within a Student Affairs division.
- Potential for significant contributions to the student affairs profession
Colette M. Masterson, Ph.D., Awards & Exemplary Programs Chair
Click learn more, to submit an award nomination.