Planning Committee Application
The NASPA Student Affairs Fundraising Conference and Student Affairs Fundraising and Communications KC seek creative-thinking individuals to join the 2024 Conference Planning Committee. The purpose of the NASPA Student Affairs Fundraising Conference is to share and exchange strategies, ideas, and resources, and to discuss issues related to student affairs fundraising and external relations. The conference promotes an exchange of best practices. It is designed for professionals who currently have development responsibilities specifically in student affairs and for professionals with backgrounds and experience in either student affairs or development.
Qualified applicants should:
- Be a current NASPA member
- Be creative-thinking, well-organized, and able to work collaboratively in developing a meaningful learning curriculum that includes the identification of critical issues, best practices, and potential resources that will lead to an exceptional professional development experience
- Be knowledgeable about trends and current issues within the student affairs field, in general, and in particular, student Affairs communications and fundraising
Call for Programs
Please note: all presenters must register to attend/participate at the event.
Helpful Tips and Considerations
Successful Proposals Should Include:
- Lengthy description about session content that you will present.
- Relationship of the program to the conference themes outlined on the website.
- Identification of the program format including methods for participant involvement (e.g., discussion, effective practice sharing, case study analysis).
- Evidence of the conceptual foundation for proposal content including ways the program content is grounded in research, relevant experience, a cogent model, or appropriate theory.
Pre-Conference Workshop - (approximately 3 hours): These are half day workshops taking place immediately prior to the opening of the conference. Content should be rich, with a significant amount of audience interaction.
Concurrent Session - (60 minutes)
Panel - An interactive panel which combines experts in the topic sharing key knowledge and engaging with attendees.
Workshop - An interactive workshop that explores ideas and knowledge derived from professional practice and/or research. These types of sessions should contain a high level of audience participation.
General Interest - A presentation which a presentation might include research, campus and/or community programs, partnerships, and background information. This session is intended for individuals or concise group presentations on trending topics
Mini-Institute - (90 minutes): Sessions that are highly interactive and teaches best practices on student affairs fundraising. The extended timeframe allows for increased audience participation and engagement.
- Toolbox Session (approximately 20 minutes): 30 minute sessions designed to give participants actionable ideas and tools to take back to their campus. Presenters will share ideas for 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes for questions. An example of a session title appropriate for this format is "10 New Ideas to Engage with the Parents of New Students."
Please note that your session may be accepted for a presentation in a different format. The Planning Committee selects a diverse array of sessions and session types in order to maximize the experience of conference attendees, and often accepts programs as a different session type.
Proposal Writing Tips:
Looking for tips on writing an effective NASPA proposal? See sample submissions and formatting tips in our Program Submission Guidelines.
The planning committee is working to select pre-conference sessions that will enrich and enhance your attendee experience. Pre-conference workshops take place prior to the conference and require participants to pre-register for a fee. Pre-conference sessions are designed as highly specialized opportunities to discuss a specific topic or program
Please check back often as pre-conference workshop information will be uploaded once finalized.
2024 NASPA Student Affairs Fundraising Conference Registration will Open in the Fall of 2024!
The 2024 NASPA Student Affairs Fundraising Conference will be announced soon! Please check back for more information.
If you would like to sponsor or exhibit at the NASPA Student Affairs Fundraising Conference, please reach out to Senior Director of Corporate Relations and Development, Fred Comparato.