WELCOME TO THE NASPA REGION I WEB SITE
Veterans in Higher Education: Fostering Support and Success
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Castleton State College
Civic Learning & Democratic Engagement Conference
Service, Collaboration, Leadership, Democracy
Thursday June 20 - Saturday, June 22, 2013
NECBAC Conference 2013
Wednesday, August 7 - Friday, August 9, 2013
Conference registration is now open for the Creating Inclusion through Empowerment Conference sponsored by the New England Counselors of Color Bridging Access to College (NECBAC) in collaboration with NASPA Region I Latina/o and Multiracial Knowledge Communities.
For registration, tentative schedule, lodging information, and to learn more about Assumption College, please visit http://necbac.org/events/
. The final date for registration will be July 26, 2013.
NASPA Region I Award Winners
NASPA Region I salutes our regional award recipients from the 2012 Awards Ceremony & Banquet, which occurred Tuesday evening, November 13, 2012, at the Mystic Marriott Hotel:
• Community College Professional Award: Duncan Harris, Manchester Community College
• Continuous Service Award: Nancy Crimmin, Becker College
• Distinguished Accomplishment Award: Annemarie Vaccaro, University of Rhode Island
• Institutional Leadership Award: Cathy Holbrook, Bridgewater State University
• Network for Educational Equity and Ethnic Diversity (NEEED) Award: Tryan McMickens, Suffolk University
• Outstanding Contribution to Higher Education Award: Barbara Fienman, Suffolk University
• Region I Outstanding Mid-Level Professional Award: Jeffrey Hill, Johnson and Wales University
• Region I Outstanding New Professional Award: Eric Crumrine, Wentworth Institute of Technology
• Region I Program of the Year Award: Family Economic Security Program, Norwalk Community College
• Scott Goodnight Award for Outstanding Service as a Dean: Kara Kolomitz, Regis College
• The President’s Award: Karen Gross, Southern Vermont College
Congratulations to our award recipients and all nominees!
Special thanks to Region I’s Awards Committee: Alison Black (Chair), Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering; Peter Fowler, Wentworth Institute of Technology; Nita Lamborghini, Northern Essex Community College; Shawn McQuillan, University of Hartford; and Kristen Salemi, Rhode Island College.
Region I serves the following:
United Kingdom (England, Wales and Scotland)
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
UPDATES & LINKS