Region I Connecticut ADDITIONAL Info
Region I - Connecticut Member Institutions
|Central Connecticut State University
Eastern Connecticut State University
Naugatuck Valley Community College
Sacred Heart University
|University of Bridgeport
University of Connecticut
University of Hartford
University of New Haven
Region I - Connecticut Membership
Becoming a member of NASPA opens the door to a wealth of professional opportunities. There are discounts to regional and national conferences, access to online publications and, most importantly, reduced rates for statewide programs. For example, a one-day, drive-in workshop may cost $20.00 for NASPA members, but $40.00 for non-NASPA members. The cost for registering for an online professional development workshop may be $40.00 for NASPA affiliates, but twice that amount for non-members. Within the year your membership cost would more than pay for itself.
Institutional Membership Benefits:
- Institutional membership allows individual members from the institution to receive reduced fees for all/most of NASPA national and regional programs, as well as information and resource materials; access to the web site; and listservs.
- Institutional members/voting delegates receive publications at no cost and from time to time will receive other types of publications.
- Member institutions and voting delegates have the inside line to current legislative initiatives and what/how NASPA is responding. Member institutions and voting delegates also have the opportunity to provide input and feedback on such issues.
- Reduced individual fee for staff of member institutions
- The Leadership Exchange Magazine (quarterly management magazine)
- Public Policy and Legal Issues Update
- Student Affairs Salary Survey
- Student Affairs Benchmarking Survey
- NASPA Exemplary Programs: Best practices awards magazine
- Complimentary copies of current published books
Membership rates are very affordable. The three largest categories are:
- Professional Affiliate - Student affairs administrators, faculty members, or staff members at member institutions.
- Student Affiliate - Graduate students who are studying student affairs and are not full-time employees of any institution.
- Faculty Affiliate - Full-time teaching faculty.
Find more information on NASPA membership, including an online membership application and rate structure.