Dear NASPA Colleagues,
We are excited to begin our service as co-chairs for the national Assessment, Evaluation and Research Knowledge Community (AER KC). We believe our leadership team to be a solid mix of experienced KC members and new members, and look forward to working with them and with members of the KC to further develop resources and knowledge related to assessment and research, and create networking opportunities for those who are responsible for or interested in these areas.
As we look towards the future, we have developed the following five goals for our KC:
- Make the NASPA Assessment and Persistence conference the professional home for assessment professional across the field.
- Create an on-going professional development webinar series for assessment professionals at all levels.
- Further develop the NASPA AER KC website to provide helpful assessment resources and information for members.
- Develop meaningful opportunities to engage NASPA members in KC activities.
- Build collaborative relationships with assessment professionals in organizations external to NASPA.
With your support and involvement we plan to continue to build and strengthen the Assessment, Evaluation and Research KC, making this KC a home for assessment professionals and a vital resource for all NASPA members.
We look forward to serving you in the coming year.
Ellen and Lance
Director of Student Life Research and Assessment
The Ohio State University
Assistant Vice President for Assessment, Planning, and Communications