Join Our Listerv
Joining our KC when you renewed your membership does NOT automatically add you to our listserv. You must make that request to the NASPA office, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you are added to our listserv—to send a message to this list, use the following address: email@example.com
To unsubscribe, send an email (from your subscribed account) with what listserv you would like to unsubscribe from in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
MMKC Newsletters (in PDF)
Social Media | MMKC
- New! How to start a men's group on your campus. This zip-file contains all the information presented at the all-day pre-conference at the 2012 NASPA national conference in Phoenix by experts in the field. DOWNLOAD HERE
- A list of colleges and universities that have student-based men's groups on their campuses (as of 7-22-12):
University of San Francisco - http://www.usfca.edu/gsc/ - especially Alejandro Covarrubias
A listing of schools outside of the United States - http://collegemencenters.com/
- Phallacies Traditional notions of masculinity create confusion for many men about what it means to be a man and can funnel men into having insufficient knowledge about health, to take great risks with their health, and to engage in violent and abusive behaviors. Phallacies is predicated on the notion that since individual and community health and safety are negatively impacted by acceptance of traditional masculinity, individual and community health and safety can be improved by challenging and dismantling that acceptance and supporting the acceptance and expression of multiple masculinities, and that men need to be active participants in that process.
- Gender Spectrum
Gender Spectrum Education and Training is committed to creating a more supportive world for people of all genders. We do this by increasing awareness and understanding of the normal range of gender variations found in everyone.
- I Am a Man: Black Masculinity in American (Byron Hurt)
This award-winning documentary links everyday black men from various socioeconomic backgrounds with some of Black America's most progressive academics, social critics and authors to provide an engaging, candid dialogue on black masculine identity in American culture. Featuring interviews with bell hooks, Michael Eric Dyson, John Henrick Clarke, Dr. Alvin Poussaint, MC Hammer, and others.
- The Men's Bibliography
A comprehensive bibliography of writing on men, masculinities, gender, and sexualities (14th edition). Compiled by Michael Flood and first published in 1992.
Menstuff.org is astarting point for information for and about men on the web. Menstuff is an educational nonprofit volunteer web site which serves a diverse men's community (men's rights, mythopoetic, pro-feminist, recovery, re-evaluation counseling, and spiritual). Menstuff® was developed and is maintained by The National Men's Resource Center which maintains several population-specific web sites, linked from this one.
- XY: men, masculinities, and gender politics
XY is a website focused on men, masculinities, and gender politics. XY is a space for the exploration of issues of gender and sexuality, the daily issues of men's and women's lives, and practical discussion of personal and social change
- American Men's Studies Association
Although AMSA is a relatively young organization, founded in 1991, its philosophical roots reach back to the early 1980's (circa 1982) and the work of a small number of men's studies scholars. As NOM renamed itself the [National] Organization for Changing Men (NOCM) and finally the National Organization for Men Against Sexism (NOMAS), MSTG became the Men's Studies Association (MSA).
- American Psychological Association-Division 51 (Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity)
Division 51 - Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity advances knowledge in the new psychology of men through research, education, training, public policy, and improved clinical services for men. SPSMM provides a forum for members to discuss the critical issues facing men of all races, classes, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and nationalities.
The ACPA Standing Committee For Men serves members of the ACPA College Student Educators International as one of six ACPA Standing Committees with the broad aim of supporting men's development.